Can I sell a photo on Alamy site and on other site with different attribute? (RF and RM)

Young

Question

Hello.

I’m sorry if this is already asked on forum.

I couldn’t find this topic.

Can I sell a photo on Alamy site and on other site with different attribute? (RF and RM)

For example, I sell a photo on alamy as RF( not excusive to Alamy), and I sell the same photo on other site as RM. 

6 answers to this question

Yes, you CAN licence an image as RM on one site and RF on another. However, there are a lot of concerns that make this a bad idea.

The sites you use may include competitive restrictions in their contributors agreements.

Exclusivity agreements at sites will certainly specify limitations across sites.

RM licensing is intended to track uses and a reuse requires a new licence (money). RF is a free for all on usage. You may be competing against yourself in terms of sales and pricing and repeat licensing.

Tracking of RM use and infringement will be difficult if an image is also sold RF. RF has little tracking of the sale for copyright or infringement issues.

Price points generally differ for RM vs RF licenses. You may be competing against yourself in terms of sales and pricing and repeat licensing.

High volume sales might allow for a price reduction at an agency. A competing agency, with your same image, will not be happy if your image is available for a lower price elsewhere. You are contributing to the industry wide race to the bottom of the price tier. Competing against yourself, again creates lower income across the industry.

2 minutes ago, StanRohrer said:

Yes, you CAN licence an image as RM on one site and RF on another. However, there are a lot of concerns that make this a bad idea.

Not on Alamy you can't. It would be a breach of contract.

2 Submission and deletion of Images

1. You cannot submit identical or similar Images to Alamy as both Royalty Free and Rights Managed. The licence type on Alamy for an Image must be the same as the licence type for that Image and similar Images which you have on other agency websites.
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

On 10/07/2019 at 18:25, StanRohrer said:

The sites you use may include competitive restrictions in their contributors agreements.

Exclusivity agreements at sites will certainly specify limitations across sites.

RM licensing is intended to track uses and a reuse requires a new licence (money). RF is a free for all on usage. You may be competing against yourself in terms of sales and pricing and repeat licensing.

Tracking of RM use and infringement will be difficult if an image is also sold RF. RF has little tracking of the sale for copyright or infringement issues.

Price points generally differ for RM vs RF licenses. You may be competing against yourself in terms of sales and pricing and repeat licensing.

High volume sales might allow for a price reduction at an agency. A competing agency, with your same image, will not be happy if your image is available for a lower price elsewhere. You are contributing to the industry wide race to the bottom of the price tier. Competing against yourself, again creates lower income across the industry.

I think that it's bad idea to mix RF and RM, cause photos should be organised in a same order for me, too.

Later on, It's too confusing if I want to unify 

On 10/07/2019 at 18:30, spacecadet said:

Not on Alamy you can't. It would be a breach of contract.

2 Submission and deletion of Images

1. You cannot submit identical or similar Images to Alamy as both Royalty Free and Rights Managed. The licence type on Alamy for an Image must be the same as the licence type for that Image and similar Images which you have on other agency websites.

It's true that It's clearly written!

Thank you for your information.

😀