Hi there!

I'm a new contributor to Alamy, but I have been working with other stock sites for a while now.

I'm wanting to update my image metadata by uploading a CSV. I saw that you can download a CSV of your current metadata, which I did. However, I don't see an upload button. I read somewhere that I need to email it to contributor support to have it uploaded to my files, is this correct?

Also, when looking at the CSV I notice that my "super tags" are in a separate column from my keywords. Many of my images have keywords embedded into them, so they're already listed in the keywords tab. Do I need to delete them from the main keywords list before adding the 10 supertags to their own column? Or can I just add them to the supertags column and also leave the same ones in the main keywords column? I hope that makes sense. Basically, I'm trying to avoid having to go through each list of keywords and find & delete 10 from each.

Thanks guys! :)

I don't think many contributors use the Excel spreadsheet for keywording, that's why no-one replied.

Better ask Alamy at contributors@alamy.com.

Sorry I can't help.

Gen

The ability to download a csv from your dashboard is a relatively new feature introduced in January of this year:

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/10490-aim-update-notes-updated-jan-2019/?tab=comments#comment-187708

Before that you had to request a csv if you wanted to check your data. I think large collections have been able to provide their metadata as a csv/spreadsheet but I'm not sure that it's ever been routine for anyone else. I detected a slight hint in a comment from Alamy that they might be working on it when I commented that it would be a good idea now that we can download our own csv, it would certainly be a great time saver for me. As Gen says, better to ask them directly.

Some users on here use the LR plugin for Alamy, I'm not sure whether you can go from a csv into Lightroom and then use that. I think it's difficult to import into the LR Keywords field in fact through there are ways around it. I did it myself for a largish collection some years ago (not for Alamy) and it was pretty complex as I remember.

In fact although exporting a csv is a great feature, allowing the ability to import could cause problems if things go wrong. It's easy to mess up foreign characters for example. Still, I agree with you, it could be great.

On 11/06/2019 at 16:40, Photography By Adri said:

Hi there!

I'm a new contributor to Alamy, but I have been working with other stock sites for a while now.

I'm wanting to update my image metadata by uploading a CSV. I saw that you can download a CSV of your current metadata, which I did. However, I don't see an upload button. I read somewhere that I need to email it to contributor support to have it uploaded to my files, is this correct?

Also, when looking at the CSV I notice that my "super tags" are in a separate column from my keywords. Many of my images have keywords embedded into them, so they're already listed in the keywords tab. Do I need to delete them from the main keywords list before adding the 10 supertags to their own column? Or can I just add them to the supertags column and also leave the same ones in the main keywords column? I hope that makes sense. Basically, I'm trying to avoid having to go through each list of keywords and find & delete 10 from each.

Thanks guys! :)

A few years ago (before the CSV download option was available) I asked Alamy contributor services to email me a CSV of all my metadata which I then edited in Excel and then emailed back to them for importing. It worked fine. At that time there was no need to check the same keywords didn't appear in the different keyword columns (which at that time were called essential, main and comprehensive). I've not tried again since the changes to Alamy Image Manager and the replacement of Essential, Main and Comprehensive keyword categories with Supertags and Tags.  I imagine it can still be done. It's possible that during the import that any Tags which already appear in the Supertags column will be ignored. Suggest contacting Alamy at contributor services at contributors@alamy.com for details.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman