Old images renewed

Barry Mason

Question

I've been with Alamy since 2002 and started on film - 35mm neg and scanned (good scanner).  Photoshop and my editing skills have improved since then and I would like to re-submit some old images.

However, will they pass QC?  Original sizes were about 65 mb and I've looked at them at about 35 mb, but I'm doubtful.  Will what passed QC then pass QC now?

Has anybody got experience of this situation?

PS - Despite the description of me as a forum newbie. I'm not. Just haven't posted in a long time. Jeff ?  You still here?

Edited by Barry Mason

2 answers to this question

Theoretically Alamy have not changed their IQ requirements and the size requirement has gone down to 17Mp Jpeg. On the other hand they were desperate for images to start with. I also started with film, but transparancies at 100ASA and they were scanned with a Minolta Dimage dedicated slide scanner. I re-did some, but submitted these at 24Mp after some work in Photoshop. They passed without problems. There is really only one way to find out and that is to re-submit and hope for the best. If you have three stars you may not want to run the risk. If you doubt they will pass then I would recommend you don't do it unless they are rare and might sell at a decent price. If they did not sell before why now?