iPhone 4 photos

Anyone submitting and getting images approved on Alamy from the iPhone 4?

My folder is bulging,looking for an outlet to sell them.

I noticed an APP that enables people to buy and sell images like that over their smartphones.

They are following me on Twitter,can't remember the name other than it may start with an 'N.

L

I think only recently the news feeds started accepting mobile phone pictures, but as far as standard portfolios are concerned I don't think the iPhone or anything else has been added to the acceptable camera list. However, with that said, it would be interesting to see if Alamy would accept the images from the 41MP giant of the Nokia phone. Surely the file sizes would be enough to get them accepted.

The newspapers would accept an image of the queen taking a dump in the lawn taken on a toaster if they could get a hold of it. 

It's not the file size, it's the optics. 41mp is a headline, not a practical necessity.

I know it would never compete on detail, however to take the example of the plane crash in the hudson river and the helicopter crash into the crane this year (I think) there was more use of mobile phone images/video than anything else, and the buyers didn't care what it was taken on. If I was there, I'd have to get myself home, download the images to my computer, process them and upload them. If I took it on my smartphone it could be with an agency within minutes. 

My local newspaper fired 29 photographers including a Pulitzer prize winner. They now send their reporters out with their iPhones that have to do double duty.

Sad,but true...

L

Archived