fairly new to Alamy

CRS

Hi from Cape Town

I started with Alamy mid June last year but only really started to upload recently, meanwhile I have had a sale and recently zooms have increased with lots of views but no more sales!  After having read lots of posts on this forum, I know I need to add many more images before I can see proper movement, however I do have a few questions .... I have noticed many images with incorrect place names and spam names around the Cape Town search field e.g. Camps Bay and Hout Bay will have tags like Garden Route and views from Chapmans Peak etc (all totally incorrect) obviously posted by tourists who have visited here and can't remember where they had been! I sent a message to Contributers but was told that they trust people to put the correct tags and titles into their images when they upload, however they did say that if I could let them have image ref numbers they would contact the people to change them but I can't imagine a buyer purchasing an image of Camps Bay only to be told a few months later after they have published it, that actually that's nowhere near Camps Bay but a few hundred kilometres further north of Cape Town! Normally if I can't remember exactly where I was I would refrain from uploading those images instead of guessing or spamming, anyone else feel the same way?

I have a few images from when I first started to upload on Alamy that I would love to re edit and put up for sale again (they were too dark or not cropped properly) is there any way that I can do this without deleting them and reuploading as brand new images? 

Thanks

Childa

Yes, the mistakes by other contributors are a problem and all we can do is contact Alamy about them. Sometimes people don't even correct them after being notified. Grrrrrrr. You can upload newly processed images and after they are accepted ask Alamy to remove the old one. You can also delete the old one yourself though it will take 6 months for it to disappear. Be sure to put the old image reference number in the tags for the new one and vice versa.

Paulette

thanks for your advice Paulette and helpful response...lets hope all the notifications I sent to Alamy will have people changing their incorrect captions and tags in their images!

Archived