Guardian and Observer - same topic, same images

I've just noticed on the "Sept 2013 photographs found" thread a series of bridge pictures reported by Cofiant

This is Guardian Online 28th Sept. (10 best bridges)

Then I see that SShep has seen the UK Observer review section with the same series of bridges.

Has anyone come across this before - what's the tie-up and should I assume one or two sales? 

Paul

Observer and Guardian are part of the same newspaper group - the current newspaper deal seems to allow the same pictures to be used (with the same story) in any newspaper in the group in any form - i.e. print/online for the payment of a single fee.

I have posted a query about this in the ask James topic. 

....and don't assume two sales, you'll be lucky if one is reported and then for probably about $6......

Thanks David,

I've just seen something similar on wiki, sister newspapers and all that.

<<....and don't assume two sales, you'll be lucky if one is reported and then for probably about $6...>>

The "two sale" question I made was a bit tongue-in-cheek ;-)

The "two sale" question I made was a bit tongue-in-cheek ;-)

It shouldn't be tongue in cheek though. Two uses should be two payments.

100% They are two completely separate newspapers - the arrangement includes ALL titles in a group - just out of interest have a look at the number of provincial newspapers owned by some groups. I bet this deal was suggested by a managing editor......

....and don't assume two sales, you'll be lucky if one is reported and then for probably about $6......

Might be a bit better than Daily Mail prices - I had a shot used in the Guardian Weekend magazine and online a couple of weeks ago and that's just come in at $27.55.

Steve

Archived