Apostrophe displaying incorrectly

I use Photo Mechanic to apply IPTC data to Live News uploads. When there is an apostrophe in the description/caption field, they will display normally in the first 5 uploads, example ‘Yellow Vests’, but in the remainder it shows as ÔYellow VestsÕ. This is both in IM and the Live News feed. I avoid using 's, spelling apostrophe's, writing as apostrophes.  Is this normal, so apostrophe’s need to be avoided? Its odd how the first 5 uploads display correctly. I'm intrigued why.

On 2/23/2019 at 22:36, sb photos said:

I use Photo Mechanic to apply IPTC data to Live News uploads. When there is an apostrophe in the description/caption field, they will display normally in the first 5 uploads, example ‘Yellow Vests’, but in the remainder it shows as ÔYellow VestsÕ. This is both in IM and the Live News feed. I avoid using 's, spelling apostrophe's, writing as apostrophes.  Is this normal, so apostrophe’s need to be avoided? Its odd how the first 5 uploads display correctly. I'm intrigued why.

Most of this reply has been deleted -as I have replied about uses in the key words.

You could try to find an alt code for an apostrophe  that works on your platform.

Niels

Archived