Portfolio critique :)

Emeryk III

I picked one image at random:  Image ID: PKJ61J

Keywords need work.  There is no grass field or bales and it can't be in the Czech Republic and Poland.  Although the trail is in the mountains, there are no mountains visible so you will get a lot of false views for those keywords that will end up hurting your rank.  

Jill

3 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I picked one image at random:  Image ID: PKJ61J

Keywords need work.  There is no grass field or bales and it can't be in the Czech Republic and Poland.  Although the trail is in the mountains, there are no mountains visible so you will get a lot of false views for those keywords that will end up hurting your rank.  

Jill

Thank you very much Jill :) will work on that

Some good saleable shots e.g. PK9X2Y, PK9X1M etc

I seem to find myself saying this every time someone asks for a crit of their port, but some of your images are way too dark, and lack sparkle e.g  PK9X2H. You can let spectral highlights blow to pure white in order to lift the image generally. That photo is also too cluttered in my view. I would have tried to eliminate the chimney etc.

Also, try to avoid excessive irrelevant foregrounds e.g.  PKD7NP and PK9X1X, a lesson that I had to learn some while ago!

Cut to the chase, decide what is the subject and give it prominence.

Archived