Hi,

I started a topic on the BBC not fully crediting stock images. I'm not sure if it is me but I can no longer locate the topic in my profile and any links I had to it result in a message saying I don't have permission to access it.

Seriously, have I been barred? I was only discussing a relevant topic and all the replies were positive and well written. But if my post really has been removed then the censoring is inappropriate.

OK, apparently the thread has been deleted and I was in breach of the terms for contacting the BBC. However, I brought up this issue on behalf of others and I have not sold images to the BBC so I am not in breach of Alamy's agreement.

Extraordinary piece of censorship. I'm usually with Alamy on moderation but this is heavy-handed. I can't see that you're in breach of anything if the images aren't yours. Perhaps Alamy would explain?

I think you should proceed with your complaint to Ofcom.

Yeah, I though it was a bit heavy. I'm only in breach if I contact a buyer of one of my images. This is not the case and it really was for the benefit of others. Well done Alamy though for their keen censorship.

I've sent my complaint to Ofcom anyway and you guys have been very polite, helpful and supportive.

Ofcom won't actually write back with their decision (pity) but I've done all I can and leaned some things along the way about how big businesses treat the little man.

Cheers,

Dayve

Hi

We have explained our reasons for deleting the previous thread within the email and are happy to discuss it there. In this case we do not want to risk any potential issues regarding our agreement or relationship with the client as this would have a negative effect for our contributors. 

We are locking this thread, but please get in touch with us directly if you have any questions.

Thanks

Alamy

• Alamy locked this topic

Archived