Help with Betty's conifer ID

Rather than continue to hijack the Lightroom underexposing thread I though it best to start a new topic in here.

Betty, I assume this is one of the Picea pungens 'Fat Albert' shot you were asking about.

A cultivar of the Colorado Blue Spruce, 'Fat Albert', Picea pungens, Kansas, USA. Stock Photo

Can you check the needles.  If they are very stiff, with a woody base, it's a Picea.  If they are softer and more flexible it's a Pinus.  That could help narrow it down a little more and we can go from there..

Very stiff, woody base, 3/4 inch (1.905 centimeters) longest needle with some shorter. If I touch them wrong they stick me. What throws me is that this tree has no pointed top. It is rounded. What I don’t know is if it was shaped by the previous owner. I don’t see any signs of cutting, but perhaps new growth would cover that.

Thanks Betty.  Looks like it's definitely a dwarf, mounding Picea.  After that I've reached the limits of my knowledge.  Dwarf conifers are not something I know, grow - or even like that much.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Archived