Street art/mural confusion

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I had a vague recollection of a recent case where a museum lost its claim to copyright over its photos of out-of-copyright paintings it owned on that basis. I can't find it now, but there is lots online supporting this argument on the basis of the UK legislation.

That was the National Gallery objecting to Wikipedia lifting its photographs. It didn't go to court. Wikipedia stood on ceremony, whined about Americans not being bound by UK law, and the problem apparently went away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Portrait_Gallery_and_Wikimedia_Foundation_copyright_dispute

3 hours ago, imageplotter said:

. Others are still up, ************* Won't upload more, upset me too much.

Can I suggest you remove ***********from your post. I suggested it to a few people when we had private messaging but it might not be approved of, if you get my drift. better for people to work it out for themselves.

On 13/06/2018 at 16:53, spacecadet said:

Can I suggest you remove ***********from your post. I suggested it to a few people when we had private messaging but it might not be approved of, if you get my drift. better for people to work it out for themselves.

Oh, c'mon...

Archived