Hi all, How many of you compile a list of 'pics/locations that you want to take/visit? I seem to be forever adding to my list of places to go but never finding time to visit, although I am probably in the vicinity quite often. Perhaps it is lack of time, absent mindedness or not being methodical enough but wouldn't it be useful if there were an app that triggered an alert when you came within distance of a particular spot? Does anyone know if there is such a thing? It would make the job of remembering where you need to take your next shot that much easier. Surely Google and Amazon must have something that helps them deliver specific adds to customers based on your geolocation? Is there anything out there for us mere mortals?

On 01/03/2018 at 11:42, Jansos said:

Hi all, How many of you compile a list of 'pics/locations that you want to take/visit? I seem to be forever adding to my list of places to go but never finding time to visit, although I am probably in the vicinity quite often. Perhaps it is lack of time, absent mindedness or not being methodical enough but wouldn't it be useful if there were an app that triggered an alert when you came within distance of a particular spot? Does anyone know if there is such a thing? It would make the job of remembering where you need to take your next shot that much easier. Surely Google and Amazon must have something that helps them deliver specific adds to customers based on your geolocation? Is there anything out there for us mere mortals?

Just did a search on google for 'location reminder' and for 'proximity reminder' and quite a few options came up. It'd be worth using those search terms to find whats most suitable and try them out. Might try one myself as I too have the same problem. Strange thing is I can always remember pubs that I've intended to visit (even when upto 50 miles away)!

J

22 hours ago, James Hodgson said:

Just did a search on google for 'location reminder' and for 'proximity reminder' and quite a few options came up. It'd be worth using those search terms to find whats most suitable and try them out. Might try one myself as I too have the same problem. Strange thing is I can always remember pubs that I've intended to visit (even when upto 50 miles away)!

J

With the rapid programme of pub closure and conversion ( :( )  going on all around us it won't be very long before this task becomes even simpler, but I know what you mean.

Archived