Hi,

I am new to all this, trying to upload JPEGS (3 to start with) trouble is a message comes up in the box saying no EXIF data. I have tried to add metadata via adobe bridge, and it still says no exif data. I have added my name, address, copyright act to my images, my question is, what exactly in data wise, do my images need to be accepted first time round, thanks in advance.

I think they are looking for the camera data with your first submission. You can't add this back in. It should be embedded in the file and visible in Bridge metatdata under Camera Data (EXIF) unless it is a scan, you have copied and pasted the image into a new file in PS, for example, or created the JPEG in some way that removes the EXIF (Lightroom has such an export option). 

Hi, thanks for your reply. I use adobe bridge, whilst in metadata, i feel i have edited all the correct boxes: camera settings, artist, address etc, but when i load them on it still says no metadata, my question is , how much info, what metadata do they actually need before they upload? thanks in advance.

It's not about you editing or adding anything. The camera EXIF data is not editable (by normal means at least). It has among other things the make of camera and the exposure settings. If you look at the Metadata Panel in Bridge, there is a tab called Camera Data (Exif) and it should be in there. How exactly are you generating the JPEGs? Please outline exactly what you are doing or it is impossible to give an informed answer. I am guessing you are using ACR and saving as JPEG without including the EXIF but I am guessing. I am also guessing that Alamy want to check the camera EXIF data on first submissions. 

Archived