Oh no, it's another Norwegian!

Frank Nordberg

I was accepted as an Alamy contributor yesterday and thought I'd say hello right away.

My name is Frank, I've lived near Bodø in Northern Norway for more than 20 years now and I've been shooting pictures for longer than I care to admit I've lived. It's always been jsut a hobby though, this is the first time I'm trying to offer any of my pictures for sale.

I was really going to only offer a selection of my old photos here but now that I'm in, I've started to look for new pictures to shoot. Unfortunately, what I have right outside my door are weathered old wooden houses, wild nature and such. Absolutely wonderful pcitures but they've allbeen doen to death already so I guess I have to be a bit more creative if I want to sell. ;)

Velkommen Frank,

variation and number of photos are important. Norwegian motives do sell, but of course not as often as UK ones, if forum reports are to be trusted. Hoping that more contributors also bring even more buyers to look to Alamy, for other themes than fjords and tourist attractions.

Grethe

7 hours ago, Grethe said:

Velkommen Frank,

Tusen takk!

variation and number of photos are important.

Yes and that's going to take ages! After two days I've still only managed to upload slightly less than 500 pictures and now I have to find some sensible descriptions and keywords for them all! I suppose I have to do that in steps. I'll only add some very basic generic ones for now to get the pictures listed and, even more important, make them searchable in the image manager. Then I can fill out with more details later.

for other themes than fjords and tourist attractions.

I'm afraid people will see a lot of fjord and tourist attraction clichés from me - that's what I got right outside my front door. ;)

On 19.9.2017 at 10:50, Roger Johansen said:

Velkommen Frank, and great to see more Norwegians here :)

Thanks!

We used to be neighbors btw. I lived for six years in Lakselv. I didn't take many pictures during that time period though. This was pre-digital and I think I only used two or three rolls of film in Finnmark. The last one I conmpletely forgot about and it stayed in my camera for years before I finally got it developed.

On 19.9.2017 at 10:18, GS-Images said:

Don't worry too much about the number of other similar images available. If your shots are good and stand out, then you have a good chance of selling. The key to it is keywords (tags) and captions. Use accurate tags, research what you're tagging, and use phrases.

Thanks. That's really good advice! It's a lot of work though. ;)

Right now I have 879 photos uploaded and passed QC so I'm about halfway through my backlog. So far only 118 of them are for sale though, the rest of them are still missing their keywords. This is going to take a while...

On 19.9.2017 at 10:18, GS-Images said:

I won't give away all my "tricks" but I'll use an example of mine to demonstrate that you can get your images seen if you take your time with tags.

I see what you mean and I'm definitely going to borrow that trick. Here's another one I'm planning to use: multiple languages. I didn't check since I don't have any swan images myself but how many hits do you get for "cygne" or "Schwan" or "svane" or "zwaan" or "joutsen"? There probably won't be many searches for those words at Alamy.com but I suspect there are just as many people who find pictures here through Google as through Alamy's own search functions.

4 hours ago, Frank Nordberg said:

Thanks!

We used to be neighbors btw. I lived for six years in Lakselv. I didn't take many pictures during that time period though. This was pre-digital and I think I only used two or three rolls of film in Finnmark. The last one I conmpletely forgot about and it stayed in my camera for years before I finally got it developed.

Your welcome.
When did you live in Lakselv? Lakselv are close to very beautiful nature atleast, and Børselv is one of them :) But great that you still live in the northern part of Norway.

Archived