Hello!

While I find the new image manager to be pretty good (and much better than the previous versions), I'm getting a bit confused about geotagging. I geotag my images with the Lightroom map module, and, when exported, my files show their geotags on websites like 500px or flickr.  However, when I upload those same pictures to Alamy, their geotags metadata are just missing, and I must do it again, what is time consuming and pretty annoying, of course. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help and regards from Spain.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone out there? As far as I know, the Lightroom map embeds geographical coordinates just in the same way that any GPS device would do, so I don't understand why those metadata don't show up on Alamy after uploading the files, while they do on other photo sites like Flickr or 500px. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Alamy only import the Description (Caption), Keywords and Date fields (plus Headline for news images), everything else is discarded I'm afraid.  I know, it seems daft to discard the location information then ask us to enter it manually - maybe Alamy will change the system someday.

16 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Alamy only import the Description (Caption), Keywords and Date fields (plus Headline for news images), everything else is discarded I'm afraid.  I know, it seems daft to discard the location information then ask us to enter it manually - maybe Alamy will change the system someday.

Hello Vincent.

Many thanks for your reply. I see... that´s what I was afraid of. Kind of absurd!

Regards!

I use Lightroom and years ago used the Map tool to geolocate all my RAWs. But neither Alamy nor my other upload sites use this data so I've given up, not needing any geographical info for future use. It is a shame that Alamy can't extract this data as it would make locating new pictures much more exact.

But perhaps buyers don't need it to be that exact?

Richard.

Archived