Caption Not Changing After Edititing

Hi,

Yesterday I noticed after editing the caption on single and also multiple files that the caption did not change to the one I entered and the files retain the name of the filename of the illustration I uploaded and not the name I put into the caption field.

Is this a recently known issue?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but are you confusing file name/file ID  and caption? The file ID, once uploaded, cannot be changed. The caption, the images "title" line, can be changed at any time, as far as I know, as long as it's within the allowed number of characters.

Very cute illustrations, by the way!

Hi,

Maybe imageplotter.... but when I first started editing images the file name in the thumbnail image on the left changed to what I had put in the caption field on the right. However now when I do this the file name doesn't change. 

However I have noticed that once the image is live and in the marketplace it seem's to retain the name I put in the caption field.

Am I to assume that this is standard and the caption only goes live once the image does?

I am am newbie at Alamy so thanks for all your help :)

Regards

Mark

Archived