Optional details in Image Manager

It's been an age since I uploaded my last images on Alamy...11 years!!! So I'm probably asking a question that has been answered many times.

How important is filling out the extra optional details in each image... examples being date taken, number of people etc?

Have you noticed increased sales with increased detail? Or does the buyer tend to be more specific by searching keywords to find "their" image.

I'm just mindful of the many many images I need to upload and was wondering if I need to go back through existing images to add information.

Any help appreciated.

Grant

As you are selling images as RM the information about the number of people, whether property in the image and whether you have releases for both or not is very important. I also like the fill-in the date (done automatically) and location. Sometimes I do the rest also.

How come that many of your older images (starting with A) - are not available in the database when being clicked on?

As you are selling images as RM the information about the number of people, whether property in the image and whether you have releases for both or not is very important. I also like the fill-in the date (done automatically) and location. Sometimes I do the rest also.

How come that many of your older images (starting with A) - are not available in the database when being clicked on?

I'd say the server hasn't updated yet. I keyworded these yesterday? I think. I had them sitting there for a good 9 or so years unpublished  :wacko: and only recently kicked things back to life with Alamy. 

Thanks for the info regarding the optional stuff. Pretty much all my images are RM, so I'd leave those as is if that's the case. 

I'd say the server hasn't updated yet. I keyworded these yesterday? I think. I had them sitting there for a good 9 or so years unpublished  :wacko: and only recently kicked things back to life with Alamy. 

Thanks for the info regarding the optional stuff. Pretty much all my images are RM, so I'd leave those as is if that's the case. 

As long as you tick the correct boxes about number of people, property, and releases as this is your primary protection against a wrong use of the images and the legal consequences of this.

Welcome back, and good luck.

It was late in this end of the world - I should have written: I also like to fill-in the date (automatically done from camera data) and location. (however often the location has been described in the caption).

BTW I would write more details in the caption than you often do as the words in the caption rank high in searches.

Archived