poor search results

I always used to find that the first few pages of a search request produced the best images. I dont know what has changed but in my opinion there is a lot of rubbish included on the first 5 pages now, mixed in with a few very good shots.  Do you find the search results better or worse than a year ago?    ( I have been with Alamy since 2004  and have made more than 3500 sales. ) Peter

Since the change in the search engine last December there has been much discussion of this question among contributors. Many are unhappy with  the change and would echo your view. Some are not so unhappy. Most contributors probably haven't even noticed that things have changed.

Alamy (who have the results of real life searches and sales) will say that things have changed for the better and they are still in the process of changing things further - we are not yet done here.

What I would love to hear (and rarely get in forums such as this)  is the opinion of actual buyers. Are they happy or unhappy with the way things have turned?  If there is anyone who can offer that authoritative voice, please speak up.

Archived