I just failed to get a couple of images accepted because one was soft or lacked definition.  The thing is they were ICM images that had received some pretty good feedback elsewhere.  Looking at some ICM images that are on sale it could be argued that pretty much all of them are soft or lack definition, it's kind of part and parcel of the technique.  Anyone got any pointers on how this rule is applied with this type of shot and how some get through?

Oh, right. Motion blur.

airport-taxi-dubai-united-arab-emirates-

I think it has to be obvious in a thumbnail. I have only 2 up and you can identify sharp detail despite the blur.

Hard to tell from the pop-up but Philippe's trees will be sharp at the edges. The blur is only in one axis.

I just failed to get a couple of images accepted because one was soft or lacked definition.  The thing is they were ICM images that had received some pretty good feedback elsewhere.  Looking at some ICM images that are on sale it could be argued that pretty much all of them are soft or lack definition, it's kind of part and parcel of the technique.  Anyone got any pointers on how this rule is applied with this type of shot and how some get through?

I suspect the answer is that you're relatively new, and QC don't trust you yet.

If you had 2000 images up that they were happy with, they'd figure it was intentional.

As you've not, they're erring on the side of caution.

So, to answer your question of how to get "this type of shot and how some get through?"

Wait till you've a lot more stuff up there....

:)

Archived