Can Somebody Explain Re-Rank to me?

Its obvious what re-rank means (i think), but exactly what is it in Alamy, and how does it affect us? And can i find out my rank or my images rank?

Thanks for your time

Dave

Alamy rank is determined by a complex set of algorithms which determine which of Alamy's image database are presented on first and subsequent pages for any given search. Obviously the higher your rank the nearer the top of page one your images will appear. Some buyers will quickly find a suitable image on the first few pages of a search and if your image falls outwith these then it wont be seen and wont be sold. You'll see that it pays to have good images and good keywords which through time will achieve an improving rank. Alamy won't tell you what your rank is so it can help to track one or two images to see where it falls in searches for a given predetermined keyword. Some people add the letters BHZ to the "essential" box of one image and use this to track movement and although not perfect it does give an indication of movement up or down. Having said all that Alamy are introducing new algorithms as we speak and it remains to be seen how things will pan out in the coming months and if "BHZ" will work as before. Interesting times ahead for sure. HTH

Archived