I just got one of these and wonder if anyone else is using one.  I didn't want to spend the money for a NEX which is a lot more but wanted a small camera Alamy acceptable and usable with my Nikon lenses.  I also got a $150 discount on the 55-300 lens by buying it with the camera.

Marvin

Hi,

I don't have one, but as you probably know your D3200 shares the same 24mp DX sensor as the D7100 so should have the same detail resolving power.

I do however have the D7000 16mp DX sensor which is the best DSLR I have ever owned, much more useful and profitable for me than my former D3 ever was.

So i think your higher resolving D3200 is a great choice for alamy with it's larger file size leaving more scope for cropping or downsizing, plus you can shoot stock video too which i find is more profitable than my stills, as I have most of my vids on a site where i decide the price and the buyers always pay on download and No discounts ever!

You will have to be more careful about lens quality though as sensor's with more resolving power require much better quality lenses capable of doing the sensor justice.

Good luck with your new purchase Marvin.

Parm :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info and I haven't used it much yet but looking forward to checking some of the images.  David may come in and give his input.  Some of the small cameras now cost twice as much as the 3200 and I guess if you really need a small camera that's ok.  The D3200 is compatible with my Nikon lenses and SB600.

Marvin

I have one.  And I absolutely love mine.  The images are sharp and the cleanup in camera raw is so little it's almost not worth mentioning.  Given the chance between this and the 7100, I'd go with the D3200 every time.  At least for now.

Archived