Interesting developement from Fuji.

On the Fuji medium format I suspect that Fuji has joined the lengthening queue to use Sony's CMOS sensor. Maybe that is where the Bayer sensor comes from.

Good point.

Allan

I was a big fan of Fuji, I thought the original X100 was superb once they got the bugs out of it. I have had both X Pro 1 and XT 1 and hate both of them!!!

Fuji and their X Trans sensor are the reason I have opted out of the digital rat race and gone back to film. Armed with my old Nikon F2's and Hasselblads I am once again enjoying photography stress free.

And, selling a great deal more pictures I might add!!!

Although sadly, not through Alamy as QC are unlikely to accept the scans, which is a shame.

I was a big fan of Fuji, I thought the original X100 was superb once they got the bugs out of it. I have had both X Pro 1 and XT 1 and hate both of them!!!

Fuji and their X Trans sensor are the reason I have opted out of the digital rat race and gone back to film. Armed with my old Nikon F2's and Hasselblads I am once again enjoying photography stress free.

And, selling a great deal more pictures I might add!!!

Although sadly, not through Alamy as QC are unlikely to accept the scans, which is a shame.

Richard, 

I cannot believe that QC will reject film scans per se. I have had many such scans accepted and cannot recall a single rejection even of 35 mm Ektachrome 100. That was when the minimum size was 48Mb. I used a Minolta X700 with Sigma zoom lenses dating back to the eighties. So If you use "modern" equipment i.e. from nineties and use a decent dedicated film scanner for 35mm and a quality flatbed scanner for 6x6 there is no reason for rejection if processed in PS. I used Konica/Minolta's Dimage Elite 5400 with original software but Nikon also made excellent film scanners. A couple of years ago I re-scanned some slides and these passed as well when digital was well established. With 17 Mb now the floor good film scans should fly past QC without any problems. You need to look out for dust etc. and use Digital ICE for dust removal. Does the job without degrading the image. I wonder if other contributors have submitted 35mm slide material recently. 

Archived