Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Nikon Coolpix S9500 as a handy secondary camera. I don't see it on the list of cameras "Not" to use so I'm wondering if I might be able to submit pix I take with it to Alamy as well as using them online. I want it because it is GPS linked and has WiFi. Working online it will be very useful for social applications. But if I can also submit the better shots, it would make the investment doubly useful.

Cheers

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Nikon Coolpix S9500 as a handy secondary camera. I don't see it on the list of cameras "Not" to use...........

Do you see it on the acceptable camera list?

If not then you may try a submission, but be prepared to wait 28 working days before you can submit again.

Allan

Out of interest what size is the sensor and pixel count?

It's 18.1 million pixel  and a 1/2.3 inch sensor. The down side is that it is point and shoot with no manual controls but I've seen some very good pictures done with these compacts in a pinch. And it has a 22X optical zoom. I'm not buying it particularly for Alamy, so I think trying out one or two pix through QC makes sense.

It's 18.1 million pixel  and a 1/2.3 inch sensor. The down side is that it is point and shoot with no manual controls but I've seen some very good pictures done with these compacts in a pinch. And it has a 22X optical zoom. I'm not buying it particularly for Alamy, so I think trying out one or two pix through QC makes sense.

Hmm! This is only my personal thought, others may disagree, but a sensor smaller than 1" I would not consider suitable for shooting for Alamy.

I only mention the 1" sensor now as I am using the Sony RX100 (which has a 1" sensor with 20.2 Mega pixels) and all images have passed Alamy QC to date. Prior to obtaining the RX100 I would have said anything with a sensor smaller than 4/3rds would not have been suitable. But that is just me.

Perhaps you may get a relpy from the guru, David Kilpatrick, with better information than I can give.

Allan

It only shoots JPEGs like most such cameras - which in my experience means don't even think about buying. I use a Fuji Finepix F770 EXR to get GPS and raw and a 20X zoom. It's challenged, not on Alamy's recommended list, but at ISO 100 avoiding the long end of the zoom it's able to produce a file which downsizes to 9 megapixels well enough to pass QC - and more importantly, which will not disappoint any buyer.

Archived