Database not updated? And searching AoA question...

This is my first post, so firstly a big hello to everyone :) I started with Alamy back in November, and have found browsing the forum invaluable in getting to grips with the whole process, so thank you! 

Has anyone else noticed the database/ search engine doesn't seem to have been updated for a couple of days or is it just me? I started keywording some images 2 days ago and they're still sitting in the Ready section saying waiting for the search engine update... Until now it has seemed to be a daily thing overnight (?) and just wanted to check in case it is a problem with my account or if it is the same for everyone. 

I also have a question about All of Alamy search function as I can't quite seem to get the results I'm after. For example, if I want to see what searches have been done for New York - If I type New York into the search box it will only bring up results that begin with that phrase. So if someone searched for Brooklyn New York, it wouldn't come up in my AoA search. Is there a way of searching for a phrase within the whole of the search phrase? Some boolean I've missed? 

Thanks!

Liz

Hi Liz, and welcome

there have been some database update glitches recently, as you might have seen in one of the other threads.

Regarding your AoA question: The wildcard character is %, so try a search for %New York% to get the desired results.

Christoph

Thanks Christoph, that's great to know about the % thing - I figured I must have missed something!

I initially posted this on Friday night I think, but the post took longer to be moderated than I thought it would, so thankfully all images went live over the weekend  :)

Thanks,

Liz

Archived