Latin names and keywording

Hi guys

I always give the Linnaean Latin taxonomies for flora and fauna. Typically, it's not a problem but occasionally, some of these are the same word repeated twice. For instance, Milvus milvus is a Red Kite.

Am I right in thinking that I may as well just put "milvus" in the Alamy keywords rather than "Milvus milvus"?

What's the panel's view?

This is a good example of where the quotation marks would be very helpful if they were implemented.  So "Natrix natrix"  (the grass snake) and "Bufo bufo" (the common toad) for example, would eliminate all the other Natrix and Bufo species, for instance, in one fell swoop.  As I understand it, putting the quotes in at present has no effect on the search results.  

Chris

This is a good example of where the quotation marks would be very helpful if they were implemented.  So "Natrix natrix"  (the grass snake) and "Bufo bufo" (the common toad) for example, would eliminate all the other Natrix and Bufo species, for instance, in one fell swoop.  As I understand it, putting the quotes in at present has no effect on the search results.  

Chris

Yup, absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

Haven't contributors been banging on about this for years though? Alamy doesn't seem to want to change the keywording "system" at all.

Archived