More search engine "gremlins", or have I misunderstood?

Yesterday, Alamy My images reported a hit for one of my images (DY49X7) with the search 

surveillance  [WP]

My understanding is that [WP] is with people, but my image contains no people and the image attributes are set to 0 people.

Unfortunately the customer searched 3x using the same search term (so got 3 useless hits), maybe they couldn't believe the results?

Any ideas?

Can you recreate that result yourself? (i.e your image appearing when the people box is ticked)

Maybe the buyer also had the zero people box ticked as well as the one(s) indicating how many people should be in the photo. Does your photo show up in that circumstance?

I'm not whether [wp] is indicated for any number of people but it is possible to tick the filter boxes for more than one option (for number of people). If, for example, I search for "surveillance" with both the "0 people" and "1 person" boxes ticked I do see your image. I'm assuming that would show as "[wp]".

Looking back up the page I think this is what Armstrong has said.

I'm not whether [wp] is indicated for any number of people but it is possible to tick the filter boxes for more than one option (for number of people). If, for example, I search for "surveillance" with both the "0 people" and "1 person" boxes ticked I do see your image. I'm assuming that would show as "[wp]".

Looking back up the page I think this is what Armstrong has said.

Ah that's probably it. If I search for "surveillance" and tick both "0 people" and "1 person" and look at the relevant results I've found my image, and I'm on page 1 (100 / page) which fits with the search results report in My Alamy.

Archived