Images in folders and subfolders in Lightroom CC

I organize certain work with a folder and three sub-folders in Lightroom. When I open the folder, the images from the sub-folders are also now appearing in that folder, previously they didn't. I basically want images in a sub-folder to be only showing in that sub-folder (especially for when I want to mass delete raws). I've searched in preferences etc but cannot work out how to get back to the previous versions where I could delete all the images from the folder and leave the images from the sub-folders alone....for some reason they are now linked to the main folder.

Any ideas??

That's Lightroom - it is not entirely intuitive in places and it be can hard to find what one is looking for with one thing in one of the prefs and another in a menu. Overall it is a great program but it needs some work. The user interface could do with a redesign which is partly what they were trying to do with the 6.2 update which went so badly wrong. I really wish they would implement user-controlled keyboard shortcuts as it is so easy to accidentally hit the wrong key or key combo. What drives me nuts is accidentally hitting Command-W or Command-Q  (control on a PC) when I am trying to hit Command-E to edit in Photoshop. The first two commands cause Lightroom to quit. I can do this more than once  a day as I work in a dark room. At least it starts up fast again but it is annoying.

Archived