IPS monitors

Does anyone have any experience of photo editing using a PC based laptop with an IPS type screen? I'm looking to buy a new laptop to edit in the field, but not sure if even an IPS screen will give me the quality I'm looking for.

My current non-IPS Medion/Lenovo notebook is totally useless.

My tiny Sony Vaio TZ with IPS was brilliant. My Dell desktop screens are better, but the Sony was better than the Macbooks I've worked with.

An 11.1 inch screen meant zooming a lot though ;-)

wim

I was recently thinking the same thing, but got disuaded from a laptop with an IPS screen: http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/4572-how-important-is-an-ips-screen-on-a-laptop/?hl=%2Blaptop+%2Bscreen

I guess it's a matter of how much you need to edit in the field or whether you can wait until you can either connect an external screen or edit on a desktop - and whether the need to edit using the laptop screen justifies the (considerable) extra cost. 

I ended up with an MSI GE40. The price difference between that and anything comparable with an IPS screen was enough to buy a pretty decent lens. 

Archived