Monitor recommendations.

I need a new monitor and used google for suitable 24" models for editing using Photoshop. Most of the recommendations are very expensive screens (for me that is)£700/£800 is it really necessary to spend that sort of money for a decent model my present HP screen was just under £200.00 and up until now has been absolutely fine trouble is I have nothing to compare it with.Any suggestions for a replacement would be more than welcome.

Cheap end of decent monitors...Dell Ultrasharps or ASUS ProArt..... top end of decent is Eizo ColorEdge or NEC Spectraview (great monitors and well above the price mentioned...but worth every penny)

TBH, if you are not doing anything colour critcial the cheaper screens will be fine. You do notice the difference when using a cheaper monitor compared to a Spectraview but the question is...Do you need to see that difference? and with stock, the answer is usually no.

Best comparison site I know of http://shop.colourconfidence.com/section.php/10154/1/monitor-showroom/548c8aeb8d3d1c2e807a7d44d3ce8d12

And the other thing is calibration...which may well be an issue for you.

Archived