Anyone using a Canon EOS M3 outfit

Yes, David, and I am very pleased with it. Of course, I love my full frame 5D 3, but the M3 has brought back some of the simple pleasures of photography. I bought the 18-55mm kit lens, which is good but not particularly fast, and the electronic viewfinder, which I would definitely recommend though it's not cheap.

The focus points are not as controllable as I'd like, but I have learnt to deal with that, so that not having everything made too easy and automatic has become part of the charm of using the camera for me.

I'm now considering what to get next - the Canon-mount adapter or the EF-M 22mm f/2.

I have had no problem having images pass Alamy QC, but am still waiting for my first sale with the M3.

I hope that helps. Am happy to answer any other questions.

Yes, David, and I am very pleased with it. Of course, I love my full frame 5D 3, but the M3 has brought back some of the simple pleasures of photography. I bought the 18-55mm kit lens, which is good but not particularly fast, and the electronic viewfinder, which I would definitely recommend though it's not cheap.

The focus points are not as controllable as I'd like, but I have learnt to deal with that, so that not having everything made too easy and automatic has become part of the charm of using the camera for me.

I'm now considering what to get next - the Canon-mount adapter or the EF-M 22mm f/2.

I have had no problem having images pass Alamy QC, but am still waiting for my first sale with the M3.

I hope that helps. Am happy to answer any other questions.

Thanks for the reply it helps, especially the passing QC bit. There's good deals around which include the evf. Also the EF-M 11-22mm gets very good reviews for such a cheap lens.

• 2 weeks later...

David,

I have an original M and all four lenses. The price got low enough for me to try mirrorless with little risk. My used body came with kit lens and 22, both good performers. I had tried a Sony a5000 and didn't like the kit zoom at all (really soft corners). Added the 11-22 and 55-200 recently. Again, they both perform well, I don't anticipate any problems with QC here. Several accepted, taken with all but the 55-200 which I haven't had much chance to use yet. Images do look nice and sharp from that lens. I picked up some accessories, but rarely need them. I keep a Canon RC-1 on the strap, but often use the self-timer. Adapters for other lenses are seldom needed, but I'm likely to use a Micro-Nikkor 55 as I find more time to shoot. I thought I'd be using a set of Super Takumar primes but now I think I'll keep the kit small and light with the dedicated lenses. The touch screen can be used to select focus anywhere in the frame and is the best way to do that on any small camera I've tried. Much easier than trying to focus manually. The images from my original 5D are still superior, but the little M kit is a joy to carry and use.

Archived