ipad 2 connector kit help

I`m planning to be in the UK for August and September.

If i can find a USB/SD card connector kit for my partner`s ipad 11, i would use that for News uploads. Those i`ve seen on Ebay are not compatible with ios 8.3, which

is installed on her ipad.

What are my internet options? Is it possible to buy a dongle/pay monthly... in the UK?

Any advice from ipad/News uploaders would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

I don't know the prices, but you can get a data SIM on pay as you go from www.three.co.uk, and probably from giffgaff as well. You can get a pay as you go phone SIM from any of the UK networks - Vodafone, Three, EE, O2. I'd avoid Orange or T-Mobile as they do not offer 4G. They are part of the EE company, anyway. IME all of the networks are as good as each other, although Three probably doesn't have quite as good coverage as the others, but if you will be in urban areas, you will be fine.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Can I add in some advice that you haven't asked for?  ;)

I tried recently to do a Live News upload from an iPad using FTP via the Filterstorm Neue App. It was the first time I had tried it. I had an 'Unable to Process Media' error in Track My Submissions. Luckily I was within 30 minutes of home so went there and uploaded using my normal workflow.

I still haven't identified what went wrong in my iPad workflow yet. I would suggest having a dry run before you leave the States. On an occasion where an iPad isn't your only option for uploading.

Also if you aren't familiar with the iPad..they don't use Flash so normal news uploading doesn't work. You need FTP which you need to apply for even if you have News upload already.

Michael

Thanks, Ian and Michael.

I`ve always used my laptop on previous visits, as we`ll be doing some biking and camping this time, i`m trying

to keep weight down by using iPad.

Joe

Archived