Hi everybody,

When you are shooting outdoors (street) do you actually ask people for model releases? For example: Somebody that is having a cup of coffee and didn`t notice you photographed him. Or even the laddie that just served him the coffee.  Do you actually get up and ask for them to sign the model release?
If not, how do you upload and manage photos on alamy? Because when you mention that the photo has for example 1 person you always must  to upload model release (even if you just intend to sale for editorial usage).

How do you do it??

Many thanks for your comments.

Tiago 

Hi Tiago!

You don't need signed model releases unless you are licensing the image as RF, or you are hoping for commercial rather than editorial sales of the image.

Most of us do not get model releases signed by people in street photos as they are likely to have an RM licence and be used for editorial use - the chances are that even if you got model releases signed you would also need property releases for RF

Kumar Sriskandan

Thank you very much for your comments Kumar and Ken. Just what I thought.

The problem is when I manage (after upload and QC) my images here on Alamy if I mention the number of persons on the photo it doesn´t let me move on... Doesn´t it happen to you?

Once you have picked the number of people in an image (one or more) the next dropdown should ask if you have model releases. If you select no then you move on but the image will only be available RM.

Archived