Fuji X-T1 and Sport

I said I would show the results of my trying to shoot sport with a Fuji X-T1. As the samples from Sunday at the Powerboat GP below show good results are possible. However my hit rate was about 60-70% in focus(less when a black cloud came over and the light was low and flat) but with my Canon 1Ds3 I was getting more than 90%sharp. I probably have some better ones but these were the first I grabbed. I won't be choosing the X-T1 for fast moving sports and it seems my DSLR will not be redundant for a while yet.

You can see the samples on my website M-dash.com

It should be noted the the close up of boat 22 was shot with a manual focus Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 at around 10metres. It works well except it gives a lot of purple fringing on bright highlights, easily corrected |(in C1Pro). Could probably not use ooc jpegs for that reason. I am thinking it will be good for sports like cricket where reach rather than speed of focus is needed (I have matched 1.4x and 2x converters for it|). Focus peaking works well as you can watch the narrow band of focus move across the view! Just need to redicover my mf technique.

I did post them here and then realised that this is a public forum and they were not watermarked!

Archived