Personal Website Pricing

Personal Website Pricing  

16 members have voted

1. 1. I'm a bit curious...and am wondering what thoughts of other folks are. If you were to create a personal website with images that were also listed at stock agencies (i.e. Alamy) would you offer images for licensing....

• At a lower price than Alamy (keeping in mind Alamy keeps 50% of royalties)
    • At a higher price than Alamy (typical "Manufacturer Retailer Price" type pricing
    • About the same price as the average image licensed at Alamy

I'm a bit curious...and am wondering what thoughts of other folks are.  If you were to create a personal website with images that were also listed at stock agencies (i.e. Alamy)  at what pricing scheme would you offer images for licensing?.

Hi Ed.

I have one, http://jkmorganphotography.com/store

I basically used the Alamy calculator, starting with a bit lower base price but I usually end up a bit more expensive.

And right now I don't offer subscriptions like Alamy, so I am sure I am mostly way overpriced. Just started it, so still working out the kinks.

Jill

Thanks Jill...I have my own philosophy (following the popular results at the moment on the poll) but I'm surprised sometimes what I'm seeing from photographers for prices and I'm wondering if I'm missing the boat.  I'm seeing a lot of photographers falling into the first option...and many times pricing themselves lower than even some microstock agencies.  It has me scratching my head.

Archived