In light of Alamy's recent picture-needs thread about  a major client actively looking for Canada-themed images, a couple of questions for Canadian photographers come to mind. How well do your "made in Canada" images sell on Alamy? What subjects/locations do you find do the best?

About 20% of my collection (am working to improve that) is "fait au Canada," but these images represent only a small percent of my overall sales.

Thanks/Merci

About 26% of my collection is of Canada. 

About 21% of my Alamy sales are of Canadian images.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd say about 10% of my sales are Canada images. As mentioned, my collection is roughly 20% Canadian. Perhaps I'm just concentrating on the wrong subjects.

I see that the parliament buildings in your home town are on the needs list. An Alamy search for "Ottawa parliament building" brings up almost 2000 results. But I guess there is always room for a couple more. Good luck.

38% of collection, 35% of licensed images.

My images of Montreal are doing much better than my images of Vancouver.

"Most Canadian" image that was licensed:

C19X8N.jpg

38% of collection, 35% of licensed images.

My images of Montreal are doing much better than my images of Vancouver.

"Most Canadian" image that was licensed:

C19X8N.jpg

That certainly is an all-Canadian image, Niels. I've only got 52 Montreal images on Alamy, and they do quite well, definitely better than my Vancouver shots on a sales per number of image basis. Vancouver has been very heavily photographed, which I guess is part of the problem.

Archived