Alamy Going Into 2025

kimba

This is a question that came up for me from the email sent out this morning about Version 1 of Smartphone Upload as well as moving Stockimo images over to our accounts in Alamy ...

Does this mean that going into 2025 Alamy is going to start accepting iPhone images directly to the Alamy web site? I know I was sort of reading between the lines on that one, but I am curious - because if you are, I shall stop uploading my iPhone images into microstock sites that I didn't want to use anyway and wait it out until the end of the year with you guys. 

I'm sure that other photographers are curious about this as well. 

Already accepting iPhone images (and images from other mobile phones I believe) which I did direct from my iPhone SE (2020) after editing them on the iPhone using only Apple's own software straight onto the Alamy website without using any other device.

Went into QC (I'm 3 stars) and passed after the usual 24 hours.

Did it as an experiment but all straightforward.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, after I posted the original post, I posted an iPhone image when I found that someone had posted that the Smartphone upload was already available. 

Now I have to find out if they are going to start accepting images from "lesser" cameras and base their acceptance on quality rather than the camera used. I have thousands of images that were taken with a Canon 8mp point and shoot that I would love to upload. 

Edited by kimba
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1