Any experience of unlicensed uses on the .co.uk site? I'm checking with MS but I suspect infringement as it can't have been found by searching on the name they've used as a caption because that word wasn't in my search terms until today!

They have a UK office so I may have a go. it's on dozens of the national sites though, not much hope there, and no email address for takedowns.

I saw several of my images used in a video on tripadvisor and contacted them.  I never heard from them but the video disappeared. Try sending them a form. Go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/contactus then select "general help" from the little menu on the left.  I don'tr remember if that's how I got a hold of them, but see if that works. 

I'll see about that but they're already up. I'll be going after the UK company straight away.

Will Imagerights take on a single case as it's also on the .com site- a small image but they do assert ownership of it.

It's always worth sending them an e-mail with the URLs  and screengrabs and ask them if it is viable - they have associates in most European countries, Canada, Australia and of course USA - rather than upset anybody by pasting their basic info and getting into the commercial use of the Forum saga I have sent it to you in a PM. 

Lots of these infringements are just not financially viable to follow up - I've just had to abandon a claim against the Washington Sheriff's department because the costs were higher than the claim and no law firm seemed to want to take the case on !!!

Archived