3 hours ago, Ric Holland said:

The handfuls that do post often can make the forum look elitist, or a clique closed to outsiders.

Unfair, as with all forums or life there are a few 'prickly' customers (not to include James 'Mr Standfast' ;) )  but the majority are pretty cool

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Martin L said:

Unfair, as with all forums or life there are a few 'prickly' customers (not to include James 'Mr Standfast' ;) )  but the majority are pretty cool

Anyone particular in mind?

Edited by MDM

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Martin L said:

Not you Michael, you're just a big lovable Irish teddy bear 💋

What a pity. I have a reputation to uphold calling out bigotry, discriminatory language, racism and so on - the sort of thing that gets my hackles up and gets threads here closed down. I expect this thread won't last seeing as it has already strayed far from photography. Nothing to do with me though. At least I tried to discuss the original topic. 

By the way, I'm neither big nor teddy-bear-like. What's the Irish got to do with it though? Not national stereotyping I hope. 

Edited by MDM

On the plus side, there's a strong resurgence in film photography, Fuji seemingly can't make enough cameras to satisfy demand, Leica reported their best year ever, Nikon doing well as MDM said, etc. 

As for me, getting back into it after a very long break. I mainly just want an excuse to get out of the house (I teach college online, another *cough* very high-paying field) and am having fun with photography, again. 

• Love 2