Paid Affiliate charge for an unpaid image

MB Photography

Question

Has anyone got a negative Cleared Balance recently? It’s the first time this has happened to me.

I asked Alamy why this has occurred and they told me it was because of an Affiliate charge that had been applied to my account with a link to an explanation about Affiliate charges.

The charge that has been ‘Cleared’ and paid to the Affiliate is for an image that is still unpaid by the customer.

What if the customer doesn’t pay? Does this mean I am funding the Affiliate charge directly?

Edited by MB Photography
Clarification

2 answers to this question

On 23/09/2023 at 08:45, MB Photography said:

Has anyone got a negative Cleared Balance recently? It’s the first time this has happened to me.

I asked Alamy why this has occurred and they told me it was because of an Affiliate charge that had been applied to my account with a link to an explanation about Affiliate charges.

The charge that has been ‘Cleared’ and paid to the Affiliate is for an image that is still unpaid by the customer.

What if the customer doesn’t pay? Does this mean I am funding the Affiliate charge directly?

Seems like it.

Allan

It would appear we are funding the Affiliate program directly from our cleared funds. It not connected with the image that triggered the Affiliate charge apart from setting the amount. They get their money, no matter what. They don’t have to wait for the customer to pay up, it’s just automatically paid.

If the customer never pays, then you will get the charge refunded eventually after a few months. But only if you notice the charge and ask for it back from Alamy.

So Affiliates are valued more that Contributors. 

Edited by MB Photography
Clarification
  • Thanks 3