All, Creative, Editorial

geogphotos

Question

I uploaded this and a similar image the other day to see where it would be placed.

It is unreleased RM - no MR and no PR. I assumed that it would be in Editorial. But it isn't. 

I searched for 'Real Club Nautico Vigo'.

It is in 'All' and 'Creative -Uncut'. 

Can anybody please explain the logic of this. To me it is an Editorial image and that is where I would expect buyers to look. 

2RFBNR2.jpg

I realise that this has been discussed on the forum but sorry to say that I wasn't paying attention. 

Edited by geogphotos

4 answers to this question

You have to check the 'Sell for editorial only' box in Optional for it to appear in Editorial. Uncut is where everything goes if it hasn't been filtered out for Ultimate, Vital or Foundation (unless it's Archival). Expired Live News images are also in Editorial by default.

Edit: I might add that I don't think that I would expect to look in Editorial for such an image.

Edited by Harry Harrison

28 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

You have to check the 'Sell for editorial only' box in Optional for it to appear in Editorial. Uncut is where everything goes if it hasn't been filtered out for Ultimate, Vital or Foundation (unless it's Archival). Expired Live News images are also in Editorial by default.

Edit: I might add that I don't think that I would expect to look in Editorial for such an image.

When Alamy introduced Creative I had hardly any images included/selected. Upon enquiring I was told from up high in Alamy Towers that this was because my images were Editorial ( apart from one or two). 

I would have thought that unreleased imagery was editorial. 

So now I am Creative and Uncut.  Ho Hum.

Perhaps I should celebrate.😋

Edited by geogphotos

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

So now I am Creative and Uncut.  Ho Hum.

Alamy haven't been very clear about Uncut, suggesting in their publicity that somehow images are chosen to be in this Collection, although to me this is like saying you have been chosen to stand on the platform if you don't have a train ticket. You can of course tick the Editorial box and it will disappear from Creative and move to Editorial (and it will still be found in 'All' of course), there is a feeling that most buyers just search in All anyway.

Edited by Harry Harrison