Nikon D-80 10mp photos, will they pass?

Hi, It's been a long time since I was active on Alamy and my D-80 10 MP, is, I'm guessing, obsolete. It still works though! I'd like to get busy again with photography and Alamy. Will this camera still work for Alamy or do I need a serious upgrade. Planning a trip to the jungle in May and wondering if there's a workable upgrade for under 2000.00, at least one lens included. Any advice or equipment recommendations are welcome. 

It depends on your technique really but you only need a 6MP image to pass so you have a bit of room for downsizing which can sharpen things up.

However, I would recommend investing in a modern camera and there is one that perfectly fits your budget (assuming you are in the US). The Nikon Z6 Mirrorless Camera with 24-70mm Lens is available for $1,999.95 from B&H. I would highly recommend this camera and the lens is out of this world in terms of sharpness. I call it the best kit lens in he world. The  camera-lens combo weighs just over 1kg (2lbs) so incredibly light. You can also use a lot of older Nikon lenses with an adapter.

Edited by MDM
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I've had some pass with a D50 and with a Panasonic GF1,  but results will be better with what MDM is recommending.   Get extra batteries if you're talking real jungle unless the Z6 will work off power banks and you'll be in town every three days or so. 

• Love 1