Alamy contract

Mick Jack

Question

I have been having a look at the Alamo contract that all photographers supplying shots are party to.  Can anyone shed any light on the terms relating to leaving Alamy  and taking down all images.  I do not know if I have interpreted the legal speak correctly but suspect that there may be some barriers to stocking them with other agencies.

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Mick Jack said:

I have been having a look at the Alamo contract that all photographers supplying shots are party to.  Can anyone shed any light on the terms relating to leaving Alamy  and taking down all images.  I do not know if I have interpreted the legal speak correctly but suspect that there may be some barriers to stocking them with other agencies.

NB. I'm not a lawyer but my understanding is;

If you mark your Alamy images as Non-exclusive, there's minimal restriction (from Alamy) of selling elsewhere whether you've left Alamy or not. The only restriction is that you should use the same licence type (RM or RF).

If the other agencies you wish to use insist on exclusivity, then you'll need to delete your images from Alamy first and wait 90 days* for deletion to take effect. *Note that Alamy can still relicence or grant new licences under specific terms, (even after 90 days) as defined by section 3.1 of the contract.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

On 10/02/2023 at 14:37, M.Chapman said:

*Note that Alamy can still relicence or grant new licences under specific terms, (even after 90 days) as defined by section 3.1 of the contract.

BUT would you still get your cut of the fee charged?

Allan