Uncut actually sounds cool!

Do your images celebrate the raw, the random and the subversive? From abstract photographers to UGC – our Uncut collection is free from convention. Explore the collection & be inspired here: http://

https://www.alamy.com/category/uncut/?utm_campaign=alamy&utm_medium=social&utm_source=contenttwitter

Interestingly enough, plenty of images in the Linked selection have no Property, No people in the image.

I think i may try and direct my images there

Edited by meanderingemu

12 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Interestingly enough, plenty of images in the Linked selection have no Property, No people in the image.

I think i may try and direct my images there

I checked a few of these that looked like they could/should be in Vital. Strange, perhaps they are listed as having Property but No release, but a person's shadow against a brick wall? The image used to illustrate the tweet has model releases?

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I checked a few of these that looked like they could/should be in Vital. Strange, perhaps they are listed as having Property but No release, 

i assume image with the fields not filled also end up in Uncut, or beyond the 10 years time limit.  But it is still interesting that Alamy would pick such images to illustrate Uncut, as most of similar would be found in Vital. 

30 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

But it is still interesting that Alamy would pick such images to illustrate Uncut

Yes, good that they are marketing it since that's where most of our non-editorial images will reside.  I haven't looked closely at the captions & keywords, or indeed the source of those images but I'm wondering if a buyer wanted images like that how would they go about finding them in Uncut, or even in Vital. The Alamy PR team must have found them of course. They had time to do it though, each of the collections had a sample of 500 images or so at launch.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Yes, good that the are marketing it since that's where most of our non-editorial images will reside.  I haven't looked closely at the captions & keywords, or indeed the source of those images but I'm wondering if a buyer wanted images like that how would they go about finding them in Uncut, or even in Vital. The Alamy PR team must have found them of course. They had time to do it though, each of the collections had a sample of 500 images or so at launch.

still seems confusing for a buyer looking for "Pelican Landing" that you can find images similar in content in Vital, Uncut, and Editorial .  But hey at this point i will go with what Alamy seems to think is the best approach and adapt to it to optimise my chance of buyers finding my images 

Edited by meanderingemu

11 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

t this point i will go with what Alamy seems to think is the best approach and adapt to it to optimise my chance of buyers finding my images 

At the moment I think I'm going to go back and take a more liberal view as to what constitutes people and/or property with respect to some images, townscapes & landscapes mainly but I don't have many to go through, certainly for those that I'm going to upload though. I suspect that my images aren't the kind to appeal to these new boutique creative buyers anyway so I'll have to rely on the majority of buyers buyers continuing to use the 'All images' search as James suggests they do.

• Thanks 1