Location on zooms

When you zoom in on a picture from a search result, the last field displayed is 'location'. Has it always been there or am I imagining it? I thought the last field used to be 'date taken'. But maybe not.

I have to admit that I have become slack on the optional tab. I used to be very meticulous about it, but due to falling fees, well....

It seems to me that the 'optional' tab is getting less and less optional if we want to maximize sales.

• Like 1

I don't go very far back but since I joined I think it's only there if it's been filled in for that image, so if it's not filled in you don't see any mention of Location at all, that line is missing.

To me this is what should be happening for this new distracting 'Digitally altered' line as well, what is the point of seeing 'Digitally altered: Unknown" under most of the images.

It's been pointed out that Google will index the location if present even though it's not searchable on Alamy. Also it seems that the Location filter in the main search looks for the words UK, Europe, USA or Australia in that Location field (i.e. so not in caption or keywords).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I don't go very far back but since I joined I think it's only there if it's been filled in for that image, so if it's not filled in you don't see any mention of Location at all, that line is missing.

To me this is what should be happening for this new distracting 'Digitally altered' line as well, what is the point of seeing 'Digitally altered: Unknown" under most of the images.

It's been pointed out that Google will index the location if present even though it's not searchable on Alamy. Also it seems that the Location filter in the main search looks for the words UK, Europe, USA or Australia in that Location field (i.e. so not in caption or keywords).

You are absolutely right Harry, I just tested it. What surprised me it that the location is immediately displayed in a search without having to wait for a database refresh.

As for Digitally altered, I guessed Alamy has now lost all our annotations as this field was not carried across in the new AIM. 

25 minutes ago, gvallee said:

As for Digitally altered, I guessed Alamy has now lost all our annotations as this field was not carried across in the new AIM. 

I have seen it on some, here's one for example where it is a 'No'. I just think that if it's 'Unknown' then, as with Location, no point having the line at all. We haven't been able to enter this since the new AIM so we're unable to change the status even if we wanted to, all mine would be 'No' so it would be easy.

• Thanks 1