Assignments Editor job opp on Linedin

No way is the following meant to be doing Alamy's job for them but I felt that forum members might find

some of the description of the following job opportunity which is posted on Linkedin interesting?

It appears that they do not think they could recruit from current Contributors or have I missed the email?

Assignments Editor
About the job

The Vacancy

An opportunity has arisen for a twelve-month fixed-term contract in the Alamy Live News team. In this role you will be building positive working relationships with PRs and organisations in order to gain access to events. You will be fully remote, allowing for a better work-life balance. Having a can-do attitude and the ability to manage yourself will be very beneficial for you.

You will be promoting Alamy Live News and EMPICS brands internally and externally by publishing weekly customer diaries and holding quarterly planning meetings. You will utilise social media posts across the Alamy Editorial channels to publicise Alamy Live News’ coverage.

What you’ll be doing:

Work with contributing photographers to plan daily photographic coverage in response to the news, sport, and entertainment agenda.
    Accredit contributors for global news, sport, and entertainment events.
    Collaborating with the Enterprise team to identify content gaps and revenue opportunities.
    Contacting contributors about photo opportunities in response to live breaking news.
    Supporting the Alamy Live News feed operational responsibilities when required.
    Promoting photographer content on social media.

Who you are:

Organized, self-motivated and focused.
    Strong time management skills.
    Comfortable working independently and with others remotely across different time zones.
    Comfortable managing contributor relationships to ensure maximum output.

What we need from you:

Experience working on an international news, sport, or entertainment picture desk.
    Knowledge of photography operations.
    Experience of using MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Photo Mechanic and/or other image metadata software.

Inclusion

We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance and positively encourage agile working. We are always open to discuss an individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.

Why wait?

We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early.

5 minutes ago, Arch White said:

It appears that they do not think they could recruit from current Contributors or have I missed the email?

😄

You not get one Arch?

The vacancy is presumably for Frances Wright's role - I found her very helpful and supportive (as with Jessica Mann beforehand).

Hopefully the right person will continue on in a similar vein for us all. 

16 hours ago, Arch White said:

The skill set for this role is quite different to a contributor.  While a news photographer background is useful it is by no means essential.   

on a not dissimilar note I hear frequent complaints from agency photographers that their news desk staff appear to have limited understanding of the photographer role and the demands, in particular working outside with limited or no facilities.