Rangefinder Alignment

Having just returned to the UK I'm surprised to find that the UK Leica dealers do not undertake the rangefinder re-alignment of Leica cameras, instead electing to ship them off to Germany and expecting the owners to wait 12-14 weeks MINIMUM for the return !

My Leica M240 appears to need a slight vertical adjustment and I wonder if anyone knows of a UK based technician who can undertake this task.

Many thanks for any response

Ray

6 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Malcolm Taylor has always been the doyen of Leica repairers, however I don't know if he is still operating. How about Aperture in London?

I'll try Aperture - Thanks

5 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

I'll try Aperture - Thanks

I haven't used them myself but they've been around for a while, they advertise in B&W Photography Magazine. I have used Malcolm Taylor and he was great but may have finally retired.

https://www.apertureuk.com/our-services/camera-repair/

Edited by Harry Harrison

Just now, Harry Harrison said:

I haven't used them myself but they've been around for a while, they advertise in B&W Photography Magazine. I have used Malcolm Taylor and he was great but may have finally retired.

https://www.apertureuk.com/our-services/camera-repair/

Just sent them an email - I'll update when I get a response

12 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

Just sent them an email - I'll update when I get a response

Aperture just responded and they can do the repair with a 2-3 week turnaround - Thanks Harry appreciated

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...