I look through the Live News area almost on a daily basis and I am ALWAYS impressed with images from PlanetPix.  This is obviously an agency as images are from all around the world and they seem to have exclusive access to various events that even people with normal credentials don't.  Does anyone know anything about them?  I've tried Google and have been unable to find the agency (there are others by the same name but the images are not the same).

Never heard of them until you posted.I clicked on a couple of images that were credited to DODPhoto which is the Department of Defense from the government. Another was USArmy..

The government could be making these images available for sale or PlanetPix receives them as a press hand outs downloadable from a specific site.If that is the case,not so sure they would be allowed to resell them? Perhaps I am wrong.

L

Like I said,if you click on a PlanetPix photo you will see the 'photographer' under which it was US  Army or DOD(Department of Justice)

These are press hand outs;we use to get similar ones all the times when we were on that specific media list.

Like NASA,anyone can gain access to that archive however they do have restrictions on use and resale at least last time I checked.

It's probably someone just syndicating free images we the tax payers have paid for.

L

Archived