Infringement or unpaid use

I found an unpaid use of an exclusive Alamy image of mine, which was zoomed on 28 January 2021. CR Shelley has advised they cannot chase the usage as it's not one of the territories where they chase infringers. I was told I can chase it myself.

I thought it might be a slow paying distributor, but was not advised that by Alamy. It has no watermark, so appears to be a legitimate download from Alamy.

Anyway, my image is part of a composite of 15 images, so worth checking if any of the others belong to forum members, scroll down to the heading "Categories" to see them, and if you click on the image within the composite, you go to the next page. 

https://www.bjconcrete.com/

Edited by cbimages
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, it is just a simple fact that there are some countries where it is essentially impossible to chase copyright infringements. 

Does this image have any sales history to explain how the infringer might have got hold of it? It's possible that there might be an unreported use by an Alamy client and the infringer found the image that way.

I have one example where Alamy checked and informed me that the image had not been sold or downloaded. Out of curiosity I then checked with Google Images and found that it had been used by a UK newspaper a few years back - and that helped understand how the infringer would have got hold of it. The newspaper will be billed but I assume at the normal rate. I've asked Alamy to go after the infringement which is in UK.

You could try uploading this image to Copytrack and Pixsy and see what they find. But neither of them will chase an infringement in the country your link takes me to.

Edited by geogphotos

14 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Unfortunately, it is just a simple fact that there are some countries where it is essentially impossible to chase copyright infringements. 

Does this image have any sales history to explain how the infringer might have got hold of it? It's possible that there might be an unreported use by an Alamy client and the infringer found the image that way.

I have one example where Alamy checked and informed me that the image had not been sold or downloaded. Out of curiosity I then checked with Google Images and found that it had been used by a UK newspaper a few years back - and that helped understand how the infringer would have got hold of it. The newspaper will be billed but I assume at the normal rate. I've asked Alamy to go after the infringement which is in UK.

You could try uploading this image to Copytrack and Pixsy and see what they find. But neither of them will chase an infringement in the country your link takes me to.

Thanks, I do understand it's not worth chasing. The image has never sold or been zoomed previously - except once on 28 January this year. Which is how I picked up this use and made me hope it was a legitimate licence via Alamy.