Beginner: 8 month - over 900 images - only 1 image sold. How can I improve?

ahmet sonmez

Question

Hi Guys,
I need help about how to improve my sales and earnings?
Since June 2020 until today I only sold 1 image  :(((
What do I wrong?
I understood that I have to keep uploading but sometimes it takes QC weeks until i have my images available.

What do you suggest when uploading an image?

Keywords: single word better (corona, virus) or two words at once /corona virus/ as one tag?
license type: I saw on MARCH 2021 SOLD IMAGES that many chose RM instead of RF. When do you suggest to use RM?
Location: I used to write GLOBAL, but understood that it is better to write worldwide?

2 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, ahmet sonmez said:
Hi Guys,
What do I wrong?
I understood that I have to keep uploading but sometimes it takes QC weeks until i have my images available.

Keywords: single word better (corona, virus) or two words at once /corona virus/ as one tag?
license type: I saw on MARCH 2021 SOLD IMAGES that many chose RM instead of RF. When do you suggest to use RM?
Location: I used to write GLOBAL, but understood that it is better to write worldwide?

Edited by Mr Standfast
My mistake.

22 hours ago, ahmet sonmez said:
Hi Guys,
What do I wrong?

Hi Ahmet,

Most of your images are very 'microstocky', which don't tend to do as well here. Your technical quality is good so I suggest you diversify your subject matter ie take many other photographs of different things as volume and diversity are key.

I would put 'corona virus', 'corona' and 'virus' as tags, probably supertags, depending on what else was in the image. Also 'covid' and 'covid 19'.

When it comes to captions and tags I try to use ones that come to mind if I was explaining the image to someone who couldn't see it. It's surprising what you might miss otherwise.  The obvious who, what, where, when, and why is important too.

Nearly 90% of my images are RM. I choose RM where a lot of effort went into getting the image or there aren't many images like mine on Alamy. If it was a common subject, such as a Robin bird, I might choose RF, but mostly RM.

My best seller in terms of revenue is RM, and for about 9 months a couple of years ago it was licenced about 4 times a month for good money. I found the image by accident and it had been used in a travel brochure many times. If it had been RF I would have only received one fee, which would have been a lot smaller than the total I did receive.

Keep uploading many different photos and you will sell more than you are doing now.

Good luck.

John.