Book Cover Category

studio12

Question

Thank you to all those people who responded to my first question with regarding getting pictures into the Book Cover category. All great info at this stage. Also is it best to make the photos that I submit RM rather than RF.

Regards Rob

6 answers to this question

For images where the targeted use is for book covers I'd go for RM as this may appeal more to the publisher as they may want to seek (or feel?) some form of exclusivity.

I tend to go for RM anyway, as it means the Alamy sales report contains information that is helpful for making my DACS claim, and for spotting and pursuing infringments or unreported uses..

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Thanks 1

All my Alamy images are RM. A few years ago, I did a test and made all my food shots RF. During the year of that test, I had just one food sale -- just the one for low $. In this past year, I've had 10 food sales for good money. 

I will add that trying to second guess buyers is frustrating. My No. 1 rule for submissions is to upload only images that I like. 

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

On 06/03/2021 at 20:05, David Pimborough said:

Just a quickie you may know this already but you you can not use RM if the images are on sale as royalty free elsewhere (with other agencies).

Hi David.  Yes I am aware. Thank you

On 06/03/2021 at 19:47, Ed Rooney said:

All my Alamy images are RM. A few years ago, I did a test and made all my food shots RF. During the year of that test, I had just one food sale -- just the one for low $. In this past year, I've had 10 food sales for good money. 

I will add that trying to second guess buyers is frustrating. My No. 1 rule for submissions is to upload only images that I like. 

Good luck.

Hi Ed.  Interesting test. I am only new but looking at all best options to get into the market.

On 06/03/2021 at 19:20, M.Chapman said:

For images where the targeted use is for book covers I'd go for RM as this may appeal more to the publisher as they may want to seek (or feel?) some form of exclusivity.

I tend to go for RM anyway, as it means the Alamy sales report contains information that is helpful for making my DACS claim, and for spotting and pursuing infringments or unreported uses..

Mark

Thanks Mark.. I will change them all to  RM.. Lets see what happens in the long run.  Cheers